How to add a Google Workspace source?
The steps below explain how to add a Google Workspace account to Syncgene. For more detailed explanation, check Perform Google Workspace Domain-Wide Delegation of Authority.
Complete these steps below:
- Go to Google API Console.
- Create a project that is only intended to be used for SyncGene synchronization.
- Go to Marketplace with the project created for SyncGene synchronization selected.
- Find “Google People API” and enable it
- Repeat steps 2,3 and enable all of these APIs:
- Admin SDK API
- Google Calendar API
- Tasks API
- Google Drive API
You will also need to enable Google Workspace domain-wide delegation. Follow these steps:
- Open the Service accounts page. If prompted, select a project.
- On Services accounts list, press "" next to service account (in "Actions" column) you created, and select "Manage Details".
- In the service account details, click Show domain-wide delegation, then ensure the Enable Google Workspace Domain-wide Delegation checkbox is checked.
- If you haven't yet configured your app's OAuth consent screen, you must do so before you can enable domain-wide delegation. Follow the on-screen instructions to configure the OAuth consent screen, then repeat the above steps and re-check the checkbox.
- Click Save to update the service account. A new column, Domain-wide delegation, can be seen. Click View Client ID, to obtain and make a note of the client ID.
Delegate domain-wide authority to your service account.
The service account that you created needs to be granted access to the Google Workspace domain’s user data that you want to access. The following tasks have to be performed by an administrator of the Google Workspace domain:
- Go to your Google Workspace domain’s Admin console.
- Go to Main Menu>Security>API controls.
- In the Domain wide delegation pane, select Manage Domain Wide Delegation
- Click Add new.
- In the Client ID field, enter the client ID obtained from the service account creation steps above.
- In the OAuth Scopes field enter the following scopes required for SyncGene synchronization:
- Click the Authorize button.
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive.appdata, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/tasks, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.settings.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.events, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.orgunit.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly
Please note - every scope must be specified even if you do not need it for your use case.
Once you completed the steps above, you need to configure Google Workspace account on SyncGene:
- Go to add Google Workspace source page.
- Upload JSON file you downloaded during Google Workspace configuration.
- Enter email address of one the admins responsible for managing your Google Workspace account
- Press "SUBMIT"
You are finished! You can now use the Google Workspace source to create SyncGene accounts and assign sources.
For latest instructions, check out Perform Google Workspace Domain-Wide Delegation of Authority